Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why are intelligent children bullied in school?


People constantly wonder as to why smart children always seem to get picked on in school. Why do the prettier, more sheek children become popular in the end? This issue has always puzzled me. Luckily, as a child I was both intelligent and popular so I had the best of both worlds. I never made fun of one of my classmates for being smart. I thought it was good to be smart. Why would you make fun of someone for being smart? The kid making fun of the smarter one was usually not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.


If you're bullied, usually you just don't fit into the norm. For example, lets say everyone in your school is overweight or obese and you are the only thin one. You could possibly be bullied for being to thin. It could also be the exact opposite. You could be the only overweight person in your school and you could be bullied for that.


It's a good thing for nerds that when you're an adult and get a real job and go to college, no one really knows your past except for the ten people you go to college with from high school. By that time everyone is usually mature and is looking to forget the past.


Also, sometimes when you're bullied this may mean people admire you. Remember in first grade when you picked on the girl/boy you liked, well sometimes people bully people they envy. A bully is usually the weakest of them all. If you tell a bully off once, they'll usually back off.


I agree with the person writing this article. I watched one of my best friends get bullied for having a weird haircut. One day she decided she was going to speak up to the girl bullying her and I remember the exact words the girl said to my friend, "Yo, it's really chill that you're standing up to me like thi. I respect that." My friend was never bothered again.

No comments:

Post a Comment